Job Description (Not Finalized)
Job Title: Preaching/Teaching Pastor
Reports To: The Elders
Position Status: Full-Time
Whom are we seeking:
We are seeking for a shepherd to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of our beloved church body in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ; a pastor who is committed to Loving God, Loving Others, and Making Disciples. This Holy Spirit-led person will be able to craft a vision, offer pastoral leadership to the congregation, and will engage in pastoral care ministries that meet the needs of persons in the church and the community.
What we need done:
- Our new pastor will have among his attributes: servant leadership, visionary leadership, shepherding, evangelism, faithfulness, emphasis on prayer, excellent communication, and compassion.
- The pastor will be the primary preacher and teacher for our church, speaking and effectively communicating the truth of scripture in all circumstances.
- The pastor is to collaborate with the Worship Team leader and/or the Music Committee in preparing dynamic worship services. These services should be well-prepared and in a form that is most suitable for our congregation. Most of all, they must be honoring to the Lord! Total Worship and Praise!
- Lead the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose, and priority. He will also be able to provide administrative leadership for the total church ministry.
- Plan, lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- The Pastor is to maintain contact with all supported church missionaries and missions. He is to encourage the congregation to be involved in the lives and ministries of those missionaries and missions. The pastor will visit some of our supported missionaries and missions in person on the field.
- The Pastor will actively support the outreach activities in the surrounding neighborhoods. He will oversee the assimilation of new attendees to ensure a continued loving environment in the congregation.
- The Pastor will visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program.
- Perform weddings and memorial services. Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
- Along with the Elders, address all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church.
- Build a sense of team-work among the church staff and conduct regular staff meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and to facilitate continued communication.
- Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
One last thing:
As every pastor has come to realize, the position requires great flexibility in time schedule. As such, the pastor will be available for evening activities as well as work on weekends. However as we at JBC desire a joyous servant as pastor, he will be free to take one week-day off each week.