We at Jackson Baptist Church know how vital reading the Word of God is in every believer's life. With only 12% of God's people actively reading it every day, there is a large discrepancy of Jesus followers who don't know His commands. We have developed a plan to read the Word of God together as a church, and also, after every sermon, we will place a devotion and discussion questions for adults and families. This is designed to be used in small, intimate disciplining relationships leading to a discussion of the Word of God.
Choose a Plan Below that Works Best for You:
Plan One: Read through the Bible in a year JBC! Click on this link.
Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan
Only the Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan offers special features that will aid you in your journey through the Bible.
- By reading from four separate places in the Scripture every day, you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of seeing four different viewpoints. You can begin at any point of the year.
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only twenty-five readings. Since you’ll have several “free days” each month, you could set aside Sundays to either not read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
- If you finish the month’s readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study the passages that challenged or intrigued you.
Plan Two: Read the New Testament in a Year! Click on this Link.
- This plan will read through the Bible’s entire New Testament in one year’s time.
- This plan has one chapter each weekday. No readings on the weekend, use that time for other studies or to catch back up!
In the year ahead, Ask God each day to speak directly to you from the Scripture portions you read. Be expectant, and let your continual exposure to God’s Word reshape your attitudes and behavior as you gain a better understanding of every part of His written testimony to us.
Every week following the sermon on Sunday morning, we will post by Monday night, two devotions with discussion questions. One is for adults, while the second is geared for families. Please enjoy, and God bless! Any questions please contact Pastor Jamie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1-10-21: JBC Adult Devotion Week of 1-11-21.docx